Friday, September 04, 2009

ICE BEAR - [ 2 ]

1991

Portland Stone
43cm Long
Private Collection


The Story

I show some of my early stone work for the simple reason it was in the carving if these works that I trained my ' eye ' to follow line and to know and get a ' feel ' for the volume in sculpture . It gave me the confidence in working bigger blocks in the tonnage .... and in the carving of the stone when you only saw one face  due to the size . Because I worked all my stones on my own the ' mental picture ' of all other sides of the block had to be accounted for in that , when it came for the ' line ' and the ' volume ' to match up you have form....... the sculpture .

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 comment:

EmMeLiNe said...

Cute Ice Bear!! Great and imaginative idea!!