Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A TREE FOR A NEW MILLENIUM

'Un Arbre pour le 3eme Millenaire'


1997

MONTBRISON
FRANCE

Gres Stone
2.50 m high x 0.5 m

6th International Symposium in Stone

The Story

This sculpture was hand carved in five days using a hammer and one chisel , which I kept sharpening through out the work . My reason for telling this is not to be boastful but to show what can be achieved in five days of carving by hand where most sculptors today , and I include myself , use power tools , but there is a nice rhythm and feeling in hearing and seeing stone worked by hand . My stones already had a ' life ' in a building that was demolished in the town and I gave them a ' new life ' in the form of my sculpture . I feel privileged in working all stone that has been here since the formation of the Earth .

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: